Chasing Cheerios

Monday, March 3, 2008

Fill in the Blank

My mom does a fun, simple activity with O that some readers may be interested in doing (or you may already do it!). She says nursery rhymes with O and leaves out key words, which O fills in. For instance... Jack and ____ went up a ____ to fetch a pail of _____. Jack fell ____ and broke his ____ and Jill came tumbling _____. O has such a great time filling in the missing words, and she is so proud of herself. This is a great activity to do in the car, and its so simple. I feel a little silly that I didn't think of it myself! Thanks, mom!

1 comment:

  1. Beeper loves this game. We do it with the books we read over and over. I'll pause and let him fill in words. We also found a song on the MouseCookie homepage (he loves the "If you give a mouse a cookie" books) that uses a similiar idea, and I wish there was a way to download it because we loves it so much. The singer tells the story of the mouse, but occasioannly substitutes in the wrongs words. For example: "If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of lemonade. No! He's going to ask for a glass of milk. Yes!" Beeper just laughs and laughs whenever I play the song.

    ReplyDelete