Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, March 15, 2008

On and Off


This is another activity from Slow and Steady Get Me Ready by June R. Oberlander. I had a small basket of about 6 or 7 rubber bands. I showed O how to put one on the door knob, and she was ready to do it herself! O LOVED this activity. It was quick and fun! Once she put all of the bands on the door knob, she took them off and put them back into the basket. This activity develops -skill in following directions -an awareness of stretchable materials -an awareness of "on" and "off" -problem solving -independence -eye-hand coordination

3 comments:

  1. My 2 dd would love this! You have such great ideas on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always inspiring!
    Thanks for this great idea.
    PEACE
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. my ds is 3.5 and we did this today - I blogged it and gave you credit. :)

    ReplyDelete