Chasing Cheerios

Friday, March 7, 2008

Popsicle Sticks & an Insulated Mug


Another fine motor work! Dh was given this insulated mug at his conference last week, and he planned to give it away since he knew we wouldn't use it. As soon as I saw it, I thought of popsicle sticks. The little opening is the perfect size for a popsicle stick. My mom introduced this work to O while she kept her today. O really enjoyed it and has done it at least 3 times. The most fun is shaking the cup and dancing after she is finished!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know much about Montessori - do you always put out her "work" on that little rug? Is that the way to showcase the activity for the day? I'm just curious about the process. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before we do a work, I tell her to go get her rug. She gets it and I help her spread it out and that is where we work. She has also started getting the rug without me telling her which is exciting. Its my understanding that the rug provides a boundary and marks the space where the child is working. I love using a rug because it helps O keep everything together instead of spread around the room. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how well giving them a learning space helps. As soon as we started having "school" at the coffee table with my son's little chair and a box of the "tools" his skills on several activities improved greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! You are so creative Melissa. My Little One will love this!
    PEACE
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jennifer. I hope he has fun with it. I love it when I can think of quick ideas using household items instead of having to buy (or make) anything!

    ReplyDelete