Chasing Cheerios

Friday, March 21, 2008

Vincent's Colors


O's grandmother recently gave her several books, and this is one of our favorites. The text is from Vincent van Gogh's letters to his brother about his paintings. I love that O is being exposed to "real" art. She loves to label all of the people in the paintings as either "mama" or "dada." We enjoy talking about the different colors and objects in the paintings. She likes the paintings of flowers, and she likes to sniff them. Its a great book that we just wanted to share!

2 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing up this book online but wanted to see it in real life before ordering it. One of the crappy things about living here is the limited amount of English books available - except for mainstream famous books such as those by Eric Carle. I have nothing against his books, I just miss being able to browse and check out books in real life, especially ones such as this. Have you seen the Museum books, we have the ABC and shapes ones they also do a counting one, Leo really likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the Museum books in real life, but I've looked at them on Amazon. They look great, and I have them on O's wish list. Hopefully, she'll get one or two of them for her birthday in July. I can take more pics of the Van Gogh book for you to see if you would like to see the inside. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete