Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sink or Float


O and I played with water on the screened porch today, and we tested different objects to see if they floated or sunk. O understood the concept of floating, but I'm not sure if she knew exactly what sinking meant. I didn't have enough water in the container, so the objects that sunk still broke the surface of the water. Oh, well. We had fun and that was our main objective. Shortly after I took this picture, O decided that she couldn't "each" well enough, so I put the container on the floor. Shortly after that she stripped and was taking an impromptu bath in the container. She had the greatest time and kept herself entertained for about 15 to 20 minutes. I took advantage of this time to read a few magazines :)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try this with my daughter- I have just the container! I have a feeling she'll end up getting wet too, but if I can read a few magazines, it will be well worth it- thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete