Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thrifty Thursday

Since I go to the thrift store every Thursday, I've decided to do a Thrifty Thursday post each week just because writing about my thrift store finds makes me happy :) Today I bought 2 loaves of bread (whole wheat for us, white for the ducks and geese), 3 small baskets for Montessori work, and a vintage ABC board book all for $2.69. I donated 2 comforters, about 10 books, and a lamp. I'm relieved that I donated more than I bought! Hopefully, I'll have time to find another bag of things to donate for next week.

3 comments:

  1. You're inspiring me to check out the local thrift stores! And I'm going to go with your plan of donating first, then buying. It's all very green, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might join you in this. I go to the thrift store every Monday but I can just post on Thursday about my finds! The alliteration works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join in, ladies! I promise that it's fun. I spent a few hours cleaning out boxes trying to find more stuff to donate. I've gotten 2 bags of trash and 1 bags of stuff to donate.

    ReplyDelete