Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Unplug Your Kids: Birds

The unplugged project this week is birds. We do lots of bird watching around here, so this was the perfect theme for us.
O is counting with her bird wall cards.
On Friday we took the pedal boat over to check on Mother Goose and her eggs. We were hoping that she would stand up, so that we could see her eggs, but she didn't. You can see the goose in the top left hand corner of the picture. O is pointing at her.
It was a breezy, cool morning, but it was sunny and beautiful. Elliott found several bird calls (and deer calls) in the garage, so we sat on a blanket and tried to call birds to us. They didn't fall for it! We could see geese in the distance, and a mother duck and her 6 ducklings swam by, but they wouldn't come close. Although the mother duck did pause when I blew on one of the calls. I don't know which call is which, so she probably thought I was a deer :)

O crushed stale bread to spread around for the songbirds.
O kept calling "geese, geese, bread, bread," while throwing bread to them, but they weren't interested.



5 comments:

  1. I linked my blog to yours. I can't wait to read thru it later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bird wall cards are so pretty! Where'd you get them - or did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got them from www.geniusbabies.com. I love them, and O does, too. I bought them when I was pregnant with O, and I've had them in her closet until recently. I was glad to finally use them! They're made by eeboo.

    ReplyDelete