Chasing Cheerios

Friday, July 11, 2008

Postcard Book

The idea for making this postcard book has been bouncing around in my brain for months, so I'm so glad to finally have it made! I added a piece of cardstock to the left side of each of O's postcards and laminated them. Then I cut the cards out of the lamination, punched the holes, added the rings, and now she has a book of postcards! Yay! Most of the postcards are from her grandparents from their various vacations. I've also started getting postcards whenever we travel, and I write a few lines about what we did and what O liked about each place. It's an easy way to create a vacation memory book, and hopefully I can get Elliott to participate, too. Since I used ring binders, it will be very easy to add new postcards to the book.



O likes looking at her postcard book, and her favorite page is the postcard from Disneyland :) I'm not sure why she surrounded herself with the bowling game bottles when she sat down to read. Silly girl :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the postcard book idea! What a great momento from a trip - and a cheap and easy to store souvenir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa- another great book- you have amazing ideas. I ordered some blank board books to make a couple for Aanya and I just wanted to clarify the process as I know you mentioned that putting a layer of mod podge on top of the pictures was not a good idea. Is there anything else you put on top to protect the images? Thanks in advance. Is there some website that I can go for step by step instructions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps- I don't know of a website, but I can tell you how I made mine. I printed the pictures, and cut around the images using a pair of small, fine point scissors. Then I used mod podge to glue the pictures to the pages. I coated the picture on the cover with a layer of mod podge to protect it, but if I'd used mod podge within the book, the pages would've stuck to each other. I recently bought a bottle of clear acrylic high gloss sealer made by tree house studio, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll try to remember to post about it after I use it, but please remind me if I forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for those instructions Melissa. I just found your blog and am totally addicted as you can probably tell from my unending questions.

    Thanks for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps- I'm glad you like it, and you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete