Chasing Cheerios

Friday, August 8, 2008

Rainbow Felt Goldfish

I finally found the time (and motivation) to finish sewing the felt colors goldfish that I cut out before O's birthday :) I'm not sure why I couldn't bring myself to start sewing these fish because it wasn't difficult to do, just a little tedious. Anyway, I'm glad they're done, but I think I'll wait until Christmas to give them to O. They'll make a nice advent gift (I'm super excited about the advent calendar I have planned for O! I'm going to start making it next month, and I have started working on a list of tiny gifts and activities for it).

5 comments:

  1. very cute!! what does your advent calendar look like?? i think this year sincei have to 2 i'm doing the wrapped up toliet paper roll tree thing for both my girls! i need to start saving those and not throwing them away! i think i know what i'm doing for the st nicholas gift on st nicholas day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goldfish! I have been reading your blog quite a bit since I discovered it on UNPLUGGEd, and am finally commenting! I love all your crafts and activities and am totally copying some of your last years Christmas gift ideas (eg. playsilks dyed with Kool-Aid, Cut-log blocks). What kind of other small crafts are you doing for advent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon- I'm making boxes (from kits that I bought after Christmas last year), and I'm going to hang them from a ribbon. I hope it will turn out nicely, or I may be coming up with another idea at the last minute.

    Clare- I'm doing lots of activities- making cookies, making playdough (cinnamon, etc), making fudge, going to see the lights at the zoo, etc. For small gifts, I'm going to make painted peg people, felt food, Andes mints (O's favorite!), and a few other small toys that I bought throughout the year (playdoh toys, play watch, bath flutes, etc.). For the things that won't fit in the box, I'll leave notes for a scavenger hunt. Since she loves hiding and finding things, I think she'll love a scavenger hunt! Thanks for the comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fish are absolutely adorable... Well worth the effort:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh my-- these are THE SWEETEST little felt foodies I've ever seen. I'm going to dream of fish tonight!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. :):) I also adore ALL your felt creations (the gingerbread house is so darn cute). I need to start doing more fun felt stuff!

    ReplyDelete