Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Artwork and Photos at O's Level


IMG_1037 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

I've been planning on hanging O's artwork and pictures at her level for a LONG time, and we finally got around to doing it a week ago. I bought lots of these cheap acrylic frames from Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off (so they were REALLY cheap). I hate to use so much plastic, but I didn't think it would be safe to have glass frames down low since she likes to take them off the wall and hold them. O LOVES the pictures. She walks by and says "O likes this one and this one and this one..." She especially loves the baby pictures since she is REALLY into babies right now :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I, too, have been pondering how best to display my kids' artwork at a kid-friendly level. My toddler likes to bang things and I've had to put away the small hanging mirror and low hanging picture frames. I'm considering mounting some clamps or clothes pins on a board on the wall and using that for art as well. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. Now, I want to do something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. What did you use to hang the frames on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that idea. We have a Hobby Lobby as well. Are they just with the regular frames and 50% off when those are? I don't think I've ever seen these. I've been wanting to do something to display the art around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried putting up picture frames and my son (just turned 2) kept pulling them off the wall. How do you get them to stay on the wall? Is your daughter just much better at the whole look, don't touch thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone :)
    Amy- We used small nails that we nailed right into the paneling.

    the chambers family- Yes, they are just regular box acrylic frames. I just checked the weekly sale paper and bought them when all frames were 50% off. They were only 1.50 to 2.00 dollars each.

    Becky- There is one picture that O liked to take off of the wall at 1st, but she hasn't tried to take any of them off in several days. I didn't really tell her not to take them off, but I just told her that we had to be careful with them since they are special pictures, and we don't want to mess them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ran across more great art display ideas at http://artfulparent.wordpress.com/category/display-storage/

    ReplyDelete