Chasing Cheerios

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Elf on the Shelf


IMG_2018 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

This little elf has been watching O for about a week. My mom bought this elf and 2 others last year after Christmas, and she gave one to O. O was a little nervous about the elf watching her at 1st, and she didn't want to touch him, but now she loves him :) She likes to give him hugs and makes sure that he can see her when she is playing. We told her that he is watching her to make sure she uses her nice manners, and he tells Santa Claus what he sees. The elf moves to a different location each night while O is sleeping, so it's fun to find him each morning. This is a fun tradition that we are excited to start this year :)

6 comments:

  1. How fun! We could use an elf in our home too! The holidays are so exciting it is easy to foget all those manners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf on Shelf! Did you get the set with the book too or did you just get an elf? I have been debating getting one on its own or the set since I don't know if the book is anygood.
    do you use it as a scavenger hunt? I saw someone started the elf the first day on a shelf, but each day he would move to a new location in the house and your child hunts for it each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just an elf. The elf and book combo were about 30 dollars, which seemed excessive to me. This is just a generic elf that was on sale after Christmas last year. I move him every night (if I remember), and we find him in the morning. My mom and sister also have elves, so they'll be watching her almost everywhere she goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this before and I love the idea!! I just might have to go get an elf before Advent starts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute idea! I bet she loves looking for him in the mornings, when she sees that he's not in the same place as the night before...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this and want to get one for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete