Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Few Musical Instruments


IMG_2952 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

I always try to buy musical instruments when we travel, and I was very pleased with the instruments I found at Disneyworld. Most of them had tags stating that they were handmade in places such as Ghana and Indonesia, and that a portion of the proceeds are donated to the communities in which they are made. Hopefully, that's true and not just a gimmick to get people to buy them! I was especially excited about the thumb drum! I've been looking at these online and in catalogs for a long time, but I'd never seen one IRL. I think we are going to have lots of fun making music soon. O might wake up to a stocking full of musical instruments on Christmas morning!

5 comments: