Chasing Cheerios

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sewing with Mama


IMG_1790 (Large), originally uploaded by omamom16.

My mom and I worked on O's baby doll quilt this weekend, and it's almost finished! I cut the squares out about 3 months ago, and we are just getting back to it :) I was hoping we could be discreet and work on it while O played, but as soon as I pulled it out she came running and said "that's a kilt (quilt) ?" Then she had to help me sew, of course! I'm doing some token sewing in this picture. My mom sewed the vast majority of the quilt. I'm the cutter and designer :) I did sew at least one block, one row, and one side since I REALLY need the practice!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love pictures like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, the relationship you have with your mother is amazing. (Although from seeing the photos of you both, you really Do look like sisters, people normally lie when they say that, but "Guh Guh" looks amazing!)

    Cute photo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that holly hobbie fabric? it looks a lot like a quilt I had as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    rainbowmummy- People ALWAYS think my mom is my sister. My sister and mom work in the same school district and people frequently confuse them :)

    rtsbeacon- It's a holly hobbie sheet that we had when we were little. I think my mom actually made our curtains out of them. I used part of it as the backing for O's I spy quilt, and I'm using all of the same fabrics for the baby doll quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i appreciate this pic. i just started sewing and it's hard for me to do it with dd around because she wants to get involved. thanks for reminding me to slow down and take time to involve her too... :)

    ReplyDelete