Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, March 28, 2009

1 to 1 Correspondence Activity Kit

I recently checked out this 1 to 1 correspondence activity kit from the library, and we have really enjoyed it. 1 to 1 correspondence is something that we still need to work on. O starts counting well, but then she speeds up and she loses the 1 to 1 correspondence.
The first activity that we did was sorting bears. We did this together since O insisted that we sort all of the bears, and there are more than a hundred.


 

Our favorite part of the kit is the number puzzle. O counts the objects in each set and matches the correct numbers to the set of objects. O got a little off track while counting, but she did fine when I helped her point to the objects.


 

11 comments:

  1. Great activity! You have so many great things you share with everyone and although I would love to adapt it for my little boys, I think they are still too young. I don't think they would understand what I was trying to have them do. They are 26 months (twins). How old is your little girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That set was something you checked out of your library??!! You have the coolest library ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want counting bears so badly for my LO. It's so cool that you can sign those out of the library. How old was O when she started being able to count. Mine counts "two, two, two." (19 months), but she will point to the objects in a set if I do the counting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think O started to count at around 18 months. For a long time she confused 5 and 9, but she seems to have that straight now. She's also always counted better in Spanish than in English :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte is 33 months and can count to 15...if she doesn't have to do the 1:1 :) Once you add in actual objects to correspond to, whoa! It all goes crazy. We might go see if our library has cool kits to check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool you can check it out at the library! my old library had that and the coolest puppets with books and activities!!!

    Man i miss that library we might have to start going to it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad. My 19-month old doesn't even talk, no mention of starting to count!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's great that the library has that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was there a name on those counting cards? I'd love to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder where they got the different color plates. I bet, with those, I could do the same thing with all the different color Duplos sitting around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your ways of helping your child to learn. I've used some of your methods myself. Though, sadly, I'm concerned for one of my kids. Would you are any other readers be able to suggest a psychologist in Edmonton to me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete