Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Spy!



After several false starts, I finally made an I Spy game board for O! Thanks to Cara for this fun idea! It was easy to make...just cut pictures from magazines and glue them to a piece of construction paper. I wanted O to help me cut out the pictures, and she did the first time (last week). Then I left the pictures at home when we went out of town. So I tried to get O and M to help cut out pictures a second time. O lost interest quickly. Finally, I decided to just do the whole thing without stopping while I watched tv at G & G's house (they have cable, so after O goes to sleep I watch TOO much tv!). O and M had fun playing I Spy on Wednesday afternoon, but O was a little sleepy, and I think she would enjoy it more on a day that she's had a nap :) M had lots of fun, and I think this will be an activity we will do again soon. Maybe next time the girls will help make the game board!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you found a lot of fun pictures for your board! I am impressed that O can cut out pictures. I haven't done much scissor work with Arin, so she is not up to that stage yet, but I guess we should add it to our to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I searched the Peterson Party blog and I couldn't find the I spy game on it..I am pretty confident I could make it without instructions, but I was just curious to see some more examples : ) Is there a direct link you could share?
    Thanks!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! I will have to try this with Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here it is, Suzanne! http://www.google.com/reader/view/#stream/feed%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fthepetersonparty.blogspot.com%2Ffeeds%2Fposts%2Fdefault
    I apologize for my laziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, I think my daughter would enjoy this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I loved I spy as a kid. I found another blog where they made a "living" I spy. I think it's called "Comet and Biela".

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, love your blog. We made a big I Spy poster after seeing this. I was curious, though. I have some bare board books (after reading one of your other posts). Have you tried modge podging magazine pics on those? I thought I may try an I Spy book with mag pics, but didn't know if that would work well on those books. What are your thoughts, Melissa?

    ReplyDelete