Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Playgroup Fun

O went to her 1st playgroup ever today (Tuesday), and she LOVED it! O and I are visiting Guh-guh and Grandpa (we try to come here every 2 weeks or so), and my sister and niece really wanted us to go to playgroup with them, so Guh-guh, O, and I met them at M's school and headed over to the church where the playgroup is held. O was a little nervous when I 1st told her about it, and she asked "will you stay with me in the classroom?" After I explained that I wouldn't leave, she was excited.

We all ate lunch and then the kids played and played. O seemed a little taken aback by all of the kids at first. (She's never been around that many children at one time). Then she jumped right in and had a great time playing (I was relieved that it seems that she hasn't inherited my shyness :), and she's been talking about playgroup ever since. She's ready to go back!

I feel guilty that we live in such an isolated area and that she doesn't get to interact with other kids very often. We used to go to storytime at the library weekly, but our children's librarian moved, and they didn't replace her. Now we don't have any scheduled outings :( However, I think we may be coming to Guh-guh and Grandpa's more often (maybe even every week!), so that we can go to playgroup with Mem and M! Thanks, Mem and M for inviting us!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to get my little girl out more often. It seems that since I had my baby we are stuck in the house nearly every day (and the baby is 10 months!! haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time too. I am glad O enjoyed herself. Our playgroup can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but all of the kids are really sweet. Look forward to you coming back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Allison! We're hoping to come to playgroup again next week :)

    ReplyDelete