Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Walk in the Woods

We took advantage of the beautiful weather today and took a walk in Grandaddy's woods. It was fun to show O the woods that were my playground when I was growing up. O was VERY excited to ride in the Beco at first, but then she was ready to walk like a "big girl."



My balancing girl was scared to cross the stream on this log at first, but then she said "O's not scared anymore!" and she wanted to go all the way across (which she couldn't do since it was a rotten log, so Elliott couldn't cross with her to hold her hands). Btw, O is VERY proud of her oversized t-shirt that Elliott brought her from his recent ski trip. She ran up to M when she arrived and said "See my new dress!"



O and M had a super time looking for fairy grass and fairy holes throughout our walk. M is showing O tunnels in the rotten log. They might be fairy tunnels!


After our walk, the girls had fun exploring Grandaddy's house site. Grandaddy is building his house by hand with my brother's help. He has cut all of the lumber himself and is sawing it into boards using a saw mill that he built. We hope that he'll be finished before O and M leave for college :)



The girls love to balance on Grandaddy's boards!

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I am going to get a magnifying glass for A tomorrow!!!! Thank you for always making it real enough for me to do!!

    Oh, I soooo love your Beco. A loves to ride on my back in hers and I love it when she rests her head on my back and goes to sleep.

    I cant wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so much fun! Once all the snow melts here (we are getting snow again tonight) I can't wait to explore more with the boys. I love my Beco for those types of things too :)

    You and O will have to build a fairy house sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The walk in the woods looks like so much fun! And wow, building his house by hand. That's awesome and a great thing for the girls to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous - we have 4 feet of snow in our yard, and I'm getting tired of winter walks! lol

    ReplyDelete