Chasing Cheerios

Monday, April 6, 2009

Her Obsession Continues...




O LOVES Obama! Her infatuation with him is hilarious :) It started when we watched the inaugeration. She knew it was a big deal since we NEVER turn the tv on during the day. Ever since then, she gets SO excited when she sees Obama on the news. She says "there's Obama. there's Obama!" Sometimes she waves at him and then sadly asks "why Obama not wave at me?" She obviously hasn't had too much experience with tv :) When we hear Elliott come home from work, she sometimes says "it might be Obama!" A few days ago, she continued to pretend he was Obama after he came in and called him "Obama" all night. It was hilarious! She insisted that Guh-guh help her spell Obama's name using the plush letters on Friday (while Ell and I were packing for our trip).

14 comments:

  1. My daughter is 3 and she is also infatuated with Obama. When we were in the car today, listening to NPR, she heard that Obama was in Iraq. She immediately began asking if we could visit Iraq, "because if Obama was there it must be a great place!" How do you explain that one?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something about Obama. I'm definitely a mama for Obama, and I just had a teacher who is a VERY conservative Repuplican for a legal class.

    Anyway, Obama's name looks cute spelled out in plush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny because my son loves to point out Obama's face and name whenever he sees them and let me tell you there are A LOT of bumper stickers in this neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. We went through our own Obama phase in December when he stayed in our town for vacation. Before that my son was a bit confused and used to say "Oh mama oh-eight!"

    LOVE the letters. Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! What a great little post to read when I first woke up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute esp. the part calling daddy obama. LOL. I love kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 3yo daughter also loves Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! My dd is also crazy about Obama. She calls him "The Rockabama" which is just so cute I can't bear to correct her!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if Obama knows he has a toddler/preschooler fan club :)

    The letters are from Lakeshore, and I'll have a post about them in a couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. During the elections my almost two year old was in love with:

    Obana and Joe Vitamin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was the first word our friend's little boy read: Obama. My daughter thinks Oprah is Obama's wife. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My four-year-old girl, developing her sense of humor, I suppose, taught my two-year-old daughter to call Obama "Mr. Macgregor." Of Peter Rabbit fame.

    So every time we pass a newspaper stand, Syd shouts, "There's Mr. Macgregor!" and Will cracks up.

    ReplyDelete