Chasing Cheerios

Friday, May 22, 2009

Embroidered Christmas Dolls




I have set an unrealistic goal for myself...to have all of my handmade Christmas gifts made before Little Kicker arrives in August. Here are the 1st of many handmade gifts. I used a free pattern from Wee Wonderfuls to make the dolls. The doll on the left is for Little Kicker, and the doll on the right is for my friend's baby girl. I can't decide if I like the doll better in different colors or all in red. What do you think? Also, I wish I'd shaped the red doll a little better, but it was my first one and I was being super cautious because I didn't want to ruin it :) Little Kicker's Christmas doll will match O's Christmas stocking. I ordered this pattern for Little Kicker's stocking, and I'll make O a Christmas doll using the same pattern.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! You are way more talented than I am!

    Personally, I like the all red one better, but the mixed colored one is great also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I like the mixed colored on best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dolls are lovely. I was thinking of making the same stockings for the kids before the baby arrives, but I don't know if I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I think I like the all red one better. The shape of the colored one is nice.
    I'm just impressed, because I don't really like handwork. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the all red one - I think it stands out better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are very cute, but I prefer all red...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote is for red, but if all the colors were the same darkness (kelly or hunter green, for example) the one with multiple colors would REALLY stand out. Those are SO COOL!!! I wish I could embroider!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the all red version better. You are very good to have this all going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the single-color look. Your kids are so lucky! I made stockings for my niece and nephew last year- such a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete