Chasing Cheerios

Monday, May 4, 2009

Handmade Mother's Day Gifts




Mother's Day snuck up on me this year, but I think we are finally through with our making. Everything is handmade this year, and that feels nice. The 2 silhouettes are for O's grandmamas, and the picture is drawn by my niece and is for my sister. Making the silhouette has helped me get a head start on Father's Day gifts since I plan to frame the actual silhouette for Elliott for Father's Day. I think I may make silhouettes a traditional Father's Day gift for him to receive every year :)

Making the necklace pendants was a little frustrating this time around...probably due to the fact that I'm sad, hormonal, and just ready to be finished with a couple of projects from my very long list :) I had a difficult time getting the pictures the right size, and they still ended up being too narrow. Also, I somehow managed to glue my fingers together when I was gluing on the bails. I gave up on the crazy glue and used my hot glue gun instead. They won't be as sturdy, but hopefully the grandmas and my sister will understand that I'd reached my frustration level, so they better be happy with what they get :)

8 comments:

  1. They look great! Well done. Had to laugh at the glue on fingers bit - I do that all the time.

    Hope you can rest now the pressies are done. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I just bought some similar necklaces and wondered how to make them. I missed your original post, so I was really glad to see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make those pendent silhouettes? I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! Do you do these yourself? How to you make the picture a pendant...I didn't see instructions. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MommyWise & Mommyof2- I made the silhouettes and took a picture. Then printed it as a thumbnail and decoupaged it to the scrabble tile. I'll link to the directions if I can find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, click on silhouettes for the directions to make the silhouettes and click on necklaces for the directions to make the necklaces. Let me know if you have any questions :)

    ReplyDelete