Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Library Kit- Make Believe

Our library kit this week was a make believe kit. The book included was Abiyoyo, which O LOVED! The activity was this set of sequencing cards. We had so much fun with these cards. After O put them in the correct order, we told a story that went along with them. She always wanted me to start the story, so I'd say "First... (while pointing to the first card)." Then I said "Then" and I paused and let her fill in the 2nd part of the story. For the last card, I said "Finally" and she told what was happening on the last card. This was a great activity!



5 comments:

  1. Are these kits that you actually check out from your library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the library has about 25 different kits that you can check out. I checked out a My 5 Senses kit today, and I can't wait to get started with it :) It's funny because I think I'm the ONLY person who checks out the kits. Almost every one I've ever gotten has never been used, and they've had the kits for more than a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour activity post, the link is at this post, I was trying to find something that was near the start of the blog and I saw it!

    http://chasingcheerios.blogspot.com/2007/11/color-matching.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://chasingcheerios.blogspot.com/2008/06/color-sorting.html

    sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete