Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Handprint & Footprint Artwork

O and I painted canvases to make art using her and Ema's handprints and footprints. 1st we painted the canvases.

O pressed her hands onto her canvas to make handprints. Then we pressed Ema's feet onto her canvas to make footprints. I thought that Ema would be a little upset about this especially since we were interrupting her nap, but she didn't seem to mind at all :) Maybe she's already getting used to having painted feet!



Here are our finished canvases. Ema's footprints and handprints are very hard to see, so we may make another one using a darker background color. I'm sure we can find a grandparent to give this canvas a good home :)

5 comments:

  1. Those are really neat. I'm probably showing my lack of art smarts here, but what kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We used acrylic craft paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet :) I tried to make a tee shirt for my baby's great grandparents and he just squeezed the fabric with his painted little hand and made a mess haha. Maybe I should do a nice canvas for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hand and feet prints of little ones. Check out our father's day gift on my blog. Do it soon before their feet get too big!

    www.shapinglittlesouls.blogspot.com

    scroll down to HOMEMADE FATHER'S DAY GIFT

    ReplyDelete