Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Homemade Window Paint

O and I recently made window paint, and she has had a great time with it! To make the window paint, I put baby wash into 3 containers (ketchup containers from WM). We then put a couple of tablespoons of powdered tempera paint in each container and shook. Easy enough!

The paint was somewhat translucent, but O didn't mind at all! She had a fantastic time. After she was finished, I just sprayed the window and O with the water hose, and we were good to go :)

I think this will make a fun handmade gift! (I wish I'd bought more of these baskets!) We're also planning to try the paint in the bathtub. I'll let you know how it goes :)

2 comments:

  1. We did the same thing but in the bath tub and it was super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try that in the bath. I would think it would be a lot cheaper than buying the bathroom pants (which the sesame street ones come in the same containers by the way). I know tempera paints washes off, but I would be nervous it would stain?

    ReplyDelete