Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Packing Our Box


My friend Rebecca, who lives in Guatamala, has asked all of her friends to send boxes of things for her to donate to children in need in Guatamala. O, Guh-guh, and I had fun shopping for the children. I told O ahead of time that we were only buying for the children in Guatamala and not for ourselves. I got a little sidetracked by a pair of cute hippo shoes that were super cheap and started looking for O's size. She reminded me "Mama! We're not buying for ourselves!" Oops! Good thing I had her to keep me straight! Guh-guh, O, and I bought lots of goodies for the box, but there is still a little room. We're going to try to fill in all the spaces tomorrow and hopefully ship it tomorrow afternoon :)

3 comments:

  1. my oldest daughter's school does this for the kids in uganda! they ask for basic supplies and gently used shoes and clothes!

    Great thing you guys did w O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've been reading your blog for a while now and just wanted to tell you how wonderful and helpful your ideas have been to me and my son.

    We recently participated in a "outreach" program, too. Such a GREAT way to get the kids involved in giving back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks M, O, E, & GG! We cannot wait to get your box!

    ReplyDelete