Chasing Cheerios

Friday, October 30, 2009

Back to Work

I went back to work on Thursday for the 1st time since Ema was born (I work one day per week as a School Psychologist). It was much harder to leave the girls than I expected. I woke Ema up to nurse her before we left for work, and I started crying as soon as I picked her up. She was so warm and cuddly, and she nuzzled her sweet face into my neck. The girls had a great day with Guh-guh, and I had a good day at work. I was so glad to come home to them. O and I read a chapter of Pippi Longstocking before cuddling and singing before she went to sleep, and Ema has spent the last 4 hours either nursing or sleeping on my chest. There's nothing better than mama's arms!

On a side note...Ema pooped in the potty today!!! O and Guh-guh took her to the potty and cued her and she pottied. My mom said that O was THRILLED!!! We love EC!

7 comments:

  1. I so remember this. It was so hard to go back to work. Days, weeks went by when I showed up tear stained. Then after 2 years I quit. Couldn't keep leaving and hated dropping him off to daycare. Now I am dreading Kindergarten in 1 1/2 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work six hours every other week and cry everytime I leave my daughter who is almost two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Is she drinking from a bottle when you are away? If so, what kind are you using? I have a one week old now and I am planning to introduce one bottle a day from when she is four weeks old, but I am nervous/anxious about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MaryFlowers- Yes, she is drinking from a bottle when I am away. We gave her a bottle when she was about 6 weeks old to make sure she'd take it, and she did fine. However, there were some bottle issues while I was at work. We were using evenflo glass bottles, but they leaked and E refused them a couple of times. The milk has to be the perfect temperature, and she likes to be switched from one arm to the other after she drinks a couple of ounces (just like when she is nursing :). I bought a Nuk bottle to try, and it worked very well, but we've only used it once. I hope that it will work well next Thursday, and I'll just use the glass bottles to freeze milk in. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it does, thank you so much for your reply!

    ReplyDelete