Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween Patterns


O was VERY excited to do this patterning activity. She said "I WANTED to do patterns!!!" when she saw it :) The idea came from my 5 year old niece, which is why O was so excited to do this work :) I cut strips of laminated contruction paper and put foam Halloween stickers on them to create a pattern. I left the last 1 or 2 spaces blank, and O filled in the correct sticker to complete the pattern. Next time we do this work, I'll provide O with a blank strip so she can create her own pattern after completing these patterns.

5 comments:

  1. I loved patterns when I was younger and keep trying to introduce it to my son. He's only 2, but likes to play with my wooden mancala coard and glass stones, so I'll set up a pattern in the cups and dictate it, like "green, white, green, white, green...what do you think comes next?" And he'll pause, look all excited, and shout, "brown!" In due time I guess. :) The stickers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea thanks again for wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I always love reading your site for creative inspiration. I just got nominated for my first blog award and now it's my turn to give the award out- and I've picked you! Check out my site for info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius!! My 2.5 year old will love this. I'll be doing this with her tomorrow. : )

    ReplyDelete