Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Salt Dough Halloween "Cookie" Magnets


O and I made salt dough Halloween "cookies" a few weeks ago and finally painted them on Tuesday. We plan to glue magnets to the backs of the "cookies" and give them to her grandparents for special Halloween gifts :)

To make the salt dough you need 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of flour, and a half cup of water. Mix the salt and flour and add the water in slowly while stirring. Knead the dough and roll it out! We had a lot of fun making the "cookies," but O's favorite part of the activity was playing with the dough. She loves to experience different textures :)

8 comments:

  1. Found your blog from 5 Silly Frogs! You have some very wonderful teaching techniques. I love all the arts and crafts you have done with your little one. I am going to subscibe to your blog in my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds very easy - have always wanted to do salt dough. do you bake the pieces or do they harden in the air. if in the oven would you please let me know what temp and how long ?? thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb- I think you can bake them, but we just let ours air dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for Holiday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks - being no bake that will be great to make ornaments for Xmas gifts since it gets really hot here in december! my kids are hosting a small party to give their friends Xmas presents and i think we will include a painted ornament for each child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! My boys love to "cook" and do crafts. We will be doing this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete