Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, November 29, 2009

A List Poem Gift


O's Grandaddy Harry had a birthday recently, and O wrote a list poem for him. She adores her Grandaddy Harry, and she was excited to write a poem for him. I typed as she dictated the poem to me. She was ready to stop after the first 6 lines, so I asked her a couple of leading questions to help her think of a few more lines. She chose the color for the words, and I printed the poem for her to illustrate. We framed the poem, and she was SO proud to give it to her Grandaddy.

The idea for writing list poems came from Amy at Let's Explore. We've enjoyed writing several list poems over the last month, and I'm looking forward to hearing more of O's poems in the future. (The clothes pin in the picture is covering O's name).

2 comments:

  1. So precious! She is an excellent little poet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea for the poems, I cant wait to try this out with my little ones in my daycare for their parents this christmas! Thanks for all the great ideas you have shared!

    ReplyDelete