Chasing Cheerios

Friday, November 20, 2009

My 1st Knitted Hat!


One of my New Year's Resolutions was to learn to knit, and last night I finally learned! I knitted a hat while mom and I watched Gray's Anatomy (I find the show very annoying, so I was glad to have something to do). I admit that I cheated a little and used a Knifty Knitter. I was excited and surprised by how easy it was to knit a hat. I just wish I'd made the hat a little bigger! It fits O's baby dolls perfectly, and next time I'll make one big enough for O or E :)

O has been reminding me for months that I'm supposed to be learning to knit (how in the world did she remember that?!!!), so she was excited to see me knitting. I'm looking forward to teaching her to use the knifty knitter soon.

9 comments:

  1. How easy was it with the Knifty Knitter? I can only knit in straight lines and have no idea how to make hats or anything else. I only make scarves and blankets. I'd love to be able to make hats too. Is it hard to learn and does it take very long to make hats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went from having no idea what I was doing to having a finished hat in a little over an hour. The directions were easy to follow, and I'm looking forward to making lots more hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute! Thanks for the idea. I am going to have to get the knifty knitter. I would love to make a hat for my girls. I only know how to knit scraves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Knifty Knitter too! My only complaint is that I never seem to know exactly how big to make the hats. They are always either a little too big or a little too small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the hat and all the things you created. I can confirm, that Angie also knits beautiful things, I have seen it on her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job for a beginner. Hanhan is inspired to learn knitting too( because recently she read a book and there's a little bear learning to knit). Today just got her something that looks like your knifty knitter but way much smaller, too small for her to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! With circular needles, it's really pretty easy to knit a hat without a knifty knitter, too! Don't be afraid.

    Is that a doll pictured or E? You said it didn't fit E, but that looks too realistic to be a doll, to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's E! I had to do a lot of stretching to fit the hat on her head :) It fits the baby dolls much better! I'm still going to try to learn to knit with needles, but for now I'm VERY excited about making hats with the knifty knitter!

    ReplyDelete