Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Thankful Tree



We've turned our Ghost Tree into a Thankful Tree. I have a basket full of silk fall leaves, a marker, and tape sitting next to the tree. Each morning we write something we are thankful for on a leaf and tape the leaf to the tree. O always insists on writing on her leaf by herself :) I plan to write the year on the leaves and save them in a small wooden box. Next year we can look through this year's leaves to see what we were thankful for this year. So far O has been thankful for lollipops, the Thankful Tree, the turkey (sitting next to the Thankful tree), chicken & dumplings, her baby sister, and ghosts.

7 comments:

  1. cute idea... here's what we are doing for our thanks and giving trees for thanksgiving!
    http://homeschooling-a-houseful.blogspot.com/2009/11/thanks-giving-trees.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! It is similar to our Lenten Tree, http://www.somanyjoys.com/2007/02/lenten-traditions.html
    but we may be able to make it a go for Thanksgiving time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I think I will start that with the kids in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just about to blog about our tree, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mind if I 'scraplift' (I don't know the blogging translation of scraplifting...but copy it & +/- to make it more my family friendly?) your ideas? I'm really loving the pumpkin felt design & the Thankful tree is great & something to point out to an older child how many blessings he has when he is starting to notice how his cousins get a lot of plastic junk he sees as REALLY cool! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! We are doing something similar with a turkey and feathers. Each night before supper we each add another feather. I'm actually about to do a post about it. So far Seth has been thankful for pumpkins, our turkey and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea.i have to wait. im gonna copy and save the idea.

    ReplyDelete