Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Boca Beth


Boca Beth sent us several bilingual products to help us learn Spanish quite a while ago (and I'm FINALLY getting around to writing a review!). We have the Boca puppet, the I Like Animals dvd, the My First Songs in Spanish cd, and the Boca Beth coloring book.

O LOVES to watch the dvd, and she especially loves the 5 Little Monkeys song and the bonus songs at the end of the dvd. I like that the Spanish words are written at the bottom of the screen during the dialogue, which makes it easier for me to read and follow along with the dvd. I REALLY wish that the words to the songs were printed on the screen as well.

The cd and dvd pair English and Spanish vocabulary and are great for learning basic Spanish vocabulary. We practice our Spanish during circle time in the mornings, and the cd is a great way for us to sing and learn at the same time.

O always makes sure that she has her puppet when we play the cd or watch the dvd. Sometimes she won't say the Spanish words, but the puppet usually will :) This is the only Spanish dvd we've watched, so I don't have anything to compare it with, but we enjoy it, and I feel like O and I are both learning from it. I really prefer the method of pairing English and Spanish words together rather than the immersion method which is why this program appeals to me. Check out the Boca Beth website for more information and for free Spanish flashcards and activities.

Phew! Glad to get this review posted...it's long overdue. I stopped taking products for review for a while, but I've started accepting products again. I've got some GREAT things to tell you about over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment