Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Fun 1st Piano



CSN Baby sent us a "My 1st Piano" to review. Although the ages for the piano are from 6 months to 2 years, both O (3 and a half years) and E (5 months) really enjoy playing with it. It is a sturdy, well built piano that will surely be handed down to O and E's children one day.

The piano features a 25 key, two-octave keyboard. It comes with a songbook and a removable color strip that fits (not very well...we had to cut ours to make it fit) behind the keyboard for play by color teaching. O enjoys playing songs of her own creation, but I'm hoping she'll develop an interest in using the color strip to play "real" songs. I think this piano is great introduction for O and E to the world of music, and I'm hoping it will spark their interest in taking piano lessons one day :)

4 comments:

  1. VERY cute!! I'm going to have to go check that out!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a piano like this when I was little - so wanted to get one for my daughter. They are great! I took lessons from the time I was 5 to age 18, and now teach lessons to beginners. I like this piano because of the size of the keys (close to size of regular piano keys) and the full 2 octaves (which prevents confusion when transferring to a bigger piano - there are a few other 1st piano's out there with fewer notes).

    These are great to teach your child a respect for the piano, as well as encourage their curiousity and creativity with sound and rhythm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it reminds me of the charlie brown piano.

    ReplyDelete