Chasing Cheerios

Friday, February 12, 2010

No-Sew Felt Fortune Cookies

I had fun making felt fortune cookies for O and my niece for Valentine's Day. I saw lots of no-sew felt fortune cookie tutorials on various blogs, but for some reason I just couldn't make sense of them. I decided to just try to make one on my own, and it was so easy! Here's what I did...

First, I traced around a drinking glass and cut the circle out of felt. Then I put about an inch long strip of fabric glue on one side of the circle, folded the circle in half, and held it together with a clothes pin.

I waited a day before doing the next step. I folded the cookie and put a drop of glue on either side and held it together with a clothes pin. I hope the pictures make sense because I'm not explaining it well at all :) The clothes pins were stuck to a couple of cookies, but it worked well overall.

I cut small strips of paper and wrote messages on them. I slipped them into the cookies and was done! I think the girls will have fun writing their own messages and sharing the cookies with their family and friends :)

12 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh i love this! i need to get real ones for B first so he will know what they are. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. Between your explaining and the pictures, it makes perfect sense. Thanks. I have so much felt left over from our felt board and the food I am attempting to make. It is great that these are just made with glue. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling dense this morning - can you explain where on the cookie you put the glue? I'm having trouble picturing it. TY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog so much. I get so many great ideas - please never stop updating it! I have 2 daughters who are similar ages to yours. During these winter months with a newborn, I've retired our normal "going out" schedule and we are staying home and getting our craft on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! Just in time for Chinese New Year or a cute way to give a sweet v-day message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We made these yesterday and I posted about them, with a link, of course. Thanks for sharing the instructions.
    -Phyllis
    http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/felt-fortune-cookies-for-chinese-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! this is WONDERFUL!

    thank you, its a MUST do!!

    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stumbled upon http://feltorama.blogspot.com/
    I immediately thought of you. Just had to share. I love these cookies I hopefully will make some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post with complete information. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this was a long time ago, but where are the pictures? Do you still have them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ummmm, never mind... it must have been my computer, because now the pictures are there! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete