Chasing Cheerios

Monday, April 19, 2010

Wet Chalk Art


Last Wednesday was a rough day for me. I was stressed over my inability to do the things I needed and wanted to do because of my wrapped and splinted hand. I was also feeling very discouraged by how slowly my wound was healing. I needed a quick and easy activity to cheer me up and to entertain O.

Art Jar to the rescue! We dipped chalk in water and drew on one our outdoor chalkboards. O said "I'm making smooth, broad strokes like I do with paint." She paused and then said "I made paint!!! Can you believe I made paint?!!!" She soaked the chalk in the water for a while, and it was even nicer to work with. She then started "painting" with her hands and feet by smearing them in the wet chalk. We had a lot of fun, and we'll definitely do this again soon.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to find something to do. I am sorry you are not healing as well as you would like!
    Thinking of you!

    Jody from Mommy Moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten how fun this is to do! Thanks for the reminder. Also wishing you a speedy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better - wish it was faster.
    What a fun think to do - I need to add this to my ever growing list of cool things for outside!
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete