Chasing Cheerios

Monday, June 21, 2010

"Not a Paper Towel Roll"


O was having a GREAT time playing with a paper towel roll a few days ago, and it reminded me of the book Not a Stick. I started asking her "Whatcha doing with that paper towel roll?" and she'd say "It's not paper towel roll. It's a ..."

We had fun reinacting the book (with a twist)...O LOVES to reinact books, movies, recitals, etc. The "not a paper towel roll" was a telescope, microphone, megaphone, microscope, magnifiying glass, vase, cast, drumstick, sword, horse, train, etc. Who needs toys when you have trash?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun book, I've NOT heard of it. Off to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By oldest loved Not a Box. He's the king of imagining with cardboard boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot keep enough paper towel rolls in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sounding book! My daughter does stuff like this all the time. I'll have to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should take photos and make it a personalised book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have almost the same book, but it's called "Not A Box" and hosted by a little bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave my 2-year-old a paper towel roll the other day, and it was immediately a vuvuzela!

    ReplyDelete