Chasing Cheerios

Friday, August 13, 2010

Moveable Alphabet Activity

Lisa from Reading with Hannah sent us 2 boxes full of wonderful activities, books, and a crayon roll. We have had so much fun with everything and are amazed by her generosity. This is one of the activities that O really enjoyed.

Each of the cards has a picture of an object on it. O labeled the object and then spelled out the word with the included construction paper letters. Then she opened the cards to check her work. I love that the cards opened for her to check her work (although she said "I don't need to check them because I know they are all right." She's a very confident girl!)


  1. I'm not quite sure if there is more involved with this or not, but I recently found a blog that suggested doing something similar with your Duplos!

    Put stickies with letters on the different sides of the Duplos, then you can make "words" by sticking them together.

  2. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.