Chasing Cheerios

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Easiest Crockpot Lasagna EVER!

O and I recently made the easiest and yummiest crockpot lasagna ever!  I love to cook with my crockpot, but I do not like recipes that require any preparation...I like to just throw everything in the crockpot, turn it on, and forget about it for a few hours. 

To make crockpot lasagna (veggie lasagna since we don't eat red meat), we used a jar of spaghetti sauce, uncooked whole grain lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder (fresh would be even better), dried oregano, fresh basil, frozen and chopped spinach, and frozen and sliced carrots.

We spread a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the crockpot.  O covered the spaghetti sauce with uncooked noodles.   Which we then covered with more sauce, cheese, and frozen spinach. 



The next layer was noodles, sauce, cheese, frozen carrots, and a little more spinach.




Then more noodles, sauce, fresh basil, and cheese.



After we finished our layers, we topped it with more sauce, cottage cheese, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese.  I cooked it on high for about an hour and on low for about 3 hours.  Fun, easy, fast, and delicious!

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this, it looks easy and good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! It is exactly the kind of recipe I have been looking for right now! Great timing and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I love cooking in my crockpot easy recipes, we have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious. Must try this one this week.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete