Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, November 4, 2010

E's Birthday Tablecloth




Here's an idea that I've wanted to share for a while.  My mom and I made white tablecloths for each of my girls for their first birthday parties.  Everyone at their parties signs, writes messages, and draws pictures on the tablecloths using fabric markers.  I trace around their hands each year and write their names and the year on the palms of their traced hands.   O's tablecloth has enough room for one more year of signatures and messages, and E's is just getting started.  This is a fun keepsake for the girls that I hope they will treasure for years to come.

5 comments:

  1. Cool idea. We did something similar for my daughters third birthday. I cut squares of white fabric and had all of the children at her party paint on them with fabric paint. My mom is now going to turn them into a birthday quilt for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both of these are great ideas. what can i do for two boys born 8 days shy of 3 years apart from one another... especially when i didn't have this idea for S1's first birthday? (btw S2 will be 1 in Jan, S2 will be 4.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too late to start grace@home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I also like the idea of making a birthday quilt with individual squares. These will make great memories for children, I wish my parents had done that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I love this! Avery's first birthday is coming up in a few months and I am absolutely going to do this for her.
    Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete