Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

E's Rolling Elephant

I made a rolling elephant for one of E's handmade Christmas presents.  She LOVES animals, so I hope she loves it. 


The elephant was unfinished (it came from Michael's, but I don't think they sell them anymore).  I primed it with white paint and then painted it blue.  I glued the scrapbook paper to the elephant using Mod Podge, and then coated it with another layer of Mod Podge to protect it and give it a finished look.


I'm very happy with how this gift turned out and with how easy it was to do.  I'm doing a lot of Mod Podge and scrapbook paper gifts this year. 

I've just finished one of my most favorite handmade gifts EVER, and I'll be posting about it soon, so stay tuned...

7 comments:

  1. I just love that ... did it come with the wheels in place already? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Handmade gifts are the best and usually loved the most too! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks awesome! just scoured Michael's for Christmas gifts last night-- didn't see this elephant- so i think you're right- not there anymore! (then yours is even more unique!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. here is a link in case someone wants to make one out of wood: http://onecharmingparty.com/2009/09/24/tuesday-tutorial-elephant-push-toy/

    ReplyDelete