Chasing Cheerios

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Fake Fall Leaves Activity

E started stuffing fake fall leaves into this empty tennis ball container, and I thought that was a great idea! 






After she put all of the leaves in the tennis ball container, I showed her how to put one at a time in a 2 liter bottle.  I showed her how to push it down with just one finger at a time.  She copied me exactly and was able to push the leaf in the bottle easily.   After that she tried to use her thumb and a couple of fingers at a time.  She wasn't as successful, but it was fun to watch her try different ways of doing things.






Check out those long fingernails!  I felt like a bad mama when I saw how long her fingernails were in this picture...I have a hard time keeping them cut...they grow SO fast!



After she finished the activity, she put the leaves on her head and said "hat, hat."  She puts EVERYTHING on her head and calls it a hat...love it!

3 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog and I'm loving it!! I have two girls also and near the same ages. I think mine are both just a little younger than yours.

    Anyway, I knew before even having children that I wanted to homeschool and I went to Montessori school for two years of preschool and then Kindergarten. So, Monetessori is something I know from the student perspective and love. But, unlike you, I've been a bit of a slacker and I'm just now getting serious about gathering materials and starting more "structured" learning activities through play. I noticed a wooden stacking toy with three pegs and different shapes to slide onto them in the background of a picture. It looks like a Melissa and Doug item; I've just never seen one like it. Where'd you get it? Do they still sell them? I would love to include that in Christmas gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son is putting everything on his head and calling it a hat too! Its so cute ;) He put pajamas on my head the other day, "hat! hat! hat!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete