Chasing Cheerios

Monday, July 11, 2011

Shucking Corn

One of our 1st "Laura" Camp activities was shucking corn to make corn cob dolls. We had fun shucking the corn, and the girls loved eating the corn that I cut from the cob for supper. Frozen corn just doesn't compare to fresh!


We left the corn cobs to dry for about a week before trying to make our dolls. O(4) was not pleased when she tried to draw the doll's face. I think we may try this project again and use the husk next time.

In addition to shucking corn, we made apples and onions (Almanzo's favorite dish) for supper. The girls helped wash and cut the apples. I cooked the apples and onions in butter, and they tasted ok. Elliott is really the only one who liked them. However, O put a little apple cider vinegar on them and said that made them better!

2 comments:

  1. I am eagerly awaiting each and everyone of these posts. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you already thought about this, but I was thinking and I wanted to suggest that you eat dinner or read by candlelight. Like a whole evening without electricity.

    ReplyDelete