Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An Embroidered Dollhouse Bag, Dolls, and Animals

After much thought and indecision, I decided to embroider a dollhouse bag, dolls, and animals for one of E(2)'s handmade gifts for Christmas this year.  I love to do embroidery, and I really enjoyed this project.  Thankfully, I started a few months in advance because this took forever to make!

Here's the dollhouse.  I attached the fabric to the canvas bag using steam-a-seam.  I then stitched around the edges.  This was NOT easy to do, and I thought my thumbs would fall off after pushing the needle through the layers of canvas, fabric, and steam-a-seam...I really needed a thimble!






I didn't use a pattern for the house...I just totally winged it, and I'm happy with the end result :)







My stitches aren't perfect, but E doesn't mind and neither do I!







I embroidered an E doll, an O doll, and an M doll (their cousin).  Since E loves animals, I embroidered 3 animals to go with the dolls.  I think I'll add a few animals in her Easter basket.  She loves pigs, so I need to find a cute pig pattern.






I purchased the doll and animal patterns from several years ago from...I can't remember.  I'm sure someone knows, so please tell me so I can add a link! 

Yes, Wee Wonderfuls!  Thank you!

My plan for this first week back to blogging (it's SO hard to start back) is to finish up with Christmas posts, and then get back into the routine of posting about our daily activities.  It's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things, but hopefully I'll catch the blogging bug again soon.

8 comments:

  1. Happy new year there from a far city: Ankara, Turkey. You've been such an inspiration to me that finally I opened my own blog. Hope you can check it out and like it. See you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look like a Wee Wonderfuls pattern to me.

    www.weewonderfuls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Wee Wonderfuls! Lots of cute things there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your dollhouse. What a beautiful job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest bag in the world!!! It turned out beautifully! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete