Chasing Cheerios

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cultural Exchange...South Africa!!!

The girls received their cultural exchange package from South Africa at the beginning of the month, and we've had a great time learning about South Africa so far!  Here's what was in the package...

handmade finger puppets of the Big 5 animals of South Africa...love them!




A couple of postcards




Photocopied (1 side only) and laminated money.  This is one of our favorite things...the money is really beautiful!




Coins




A tiny wooden elephant and bowl...LOVE this!




a Christmas ornament




 a magnet




mini South African flags.  The girls were excited to have more flags for their mini American girls.




Wire animals...E(2)'s favorite!




Activity sheets




We've really enjoyed this wonderful cultural exchange package.  I don't have a picture of the letter since I don't want to put pics of children other than my own on the blog, but the letter was fantastic.  O(5) said that the letter is the best part of the package!  Thanks to our South African friends!!!

Also, I'd love to hear from everyone who participated in the cultural exchange.  Please leave a comment or email me to let me know if you received your packages and how you liked them.  I'd love it if you would leave a link to any blog posts about the exchange especially if  you have pics of the things you sent and received in your packages.  I've had lots of emails asking what kinds of things were included in the packages, so this could help a lot of people.  I'll be organizing another exchange soon, so if you are interested in participating stay tuned....

7 comments:

  1. I'd love to be part of the cultural exchange. I'm South African and in Taiwan. So can share both cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great. We only had one person from Africa last time and no one from Taiwan. Make sure to contact me again once I start organizing the exchange...it will be a couple more weeks before I have time to start it. (I'm waiting until I finish an online class that takes up a lot of my after the kids are asleep time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ı'd love to be part of the cultural exchange. Im from Turkey,Izmir. Can we share our cultures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to be part of the cultural exchange too! I was going to email you and see how to be apart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola !! soy Monica de Peru me encantaria formar parte del intercambio, de aqui hay mucho por conocer, seria maravilloso para nosotros. Te dejo mi correo, me puedes informar como es la dinamica, un abrazo y gracias, gracias, un abrazo.
    Lazulimoon22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you get involved in this cultural exchange? I would love to take part! Please e-mail me at melvdesigns3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can I gat involved in this kind of exchange? I'm from Quebec (Canada). Thank you! Geneviève: gencommunications@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete