Chasing Cheerios

Monday, February 20, 2012

Have You Seen My Sister? (handmade book)




O(5) and I started making this book for E's 1st birthday.  She's almost 2 and a half, and we just finished it about a month ago!  I'm not really sure how that happened, but I'm glad to have it finished and E(2) loves it!

To make the book, we started with a blank book from barebooks.com.  Then we just decided what we wanted to say and printed the words on photo paper and glued them into the book.  We used pics from a calendar for the animal pics.


















2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute book, what do you use to glue in the pictures/ do you use a clear coat of something like mod podge over the pages after? I feel like that would get a bit too sticky but would love to try and make a few book similar to this. My class is a huge fan of brown bear so it could be fun to make a classroom version of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great idea! If I have a second child, I'd love to have each involved in creating a beautiful tribute to their sibling. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete