Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Elliott and the Girls




Since Elliott will be having brain surgery soon, he'll have to cut his hair.  In the 15 years that I've known him, I have never seen him with short hair, so I can't even imagine it.  However, he's wanted to cut his hair for a while, and he thinks that brain surgery is the perfect motivation to go ahead and do it!

So, I wanted to take some pics of the long haired daddy with his baby girls before his big haircut.  E(2) was not very happy (which was a good distraction for me...I was so busy trying to make her smile that I forgot to be sad...not sad that Elliott is cutting his hair just sad that a brain tumor is the cause of it), so I'm hoping we'll have time to do another photo shoot this weekend.







I'm hoping to get back into the habit of writing posts to this blog again soon.  While my thoughts are full of Elliott, brain tumors, surgery, etc, we are still doing fun things that I want to share and don't want to forget.  This blog is the best way to do both.  While I have no intention to getting back into the routine of  writing daily posts, I am hoping to write at least 2 or 3 posts a week (that are not related to surgery, brain tumors, etc.).  Thank you again for all of the wonderfully supportive comments and emails!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, oozing full of love and family warmth! I pray that your family will emerge this victourious and stronger than ever before! Hugs from singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that photo of your girls will Elliot. Such a beautiful show of how much they love their daddy.

    Sending you a big hug and lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing your thoughts. long time reader and follower of your blog. prayers, love and happiness to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice photos! You did well by taking time for that. sending prayers for a victory!
    Greets from Zurich

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will pray for you and we have faith all will end well for you.

    Take care all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mellisa,

    Beautiful pictures. May Allah fill your lives with many more beautiful times. Love,
    samina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa,
    I have been reading your posts about what's going on with your family and I'm sorry I haven't taken the time to comment. I want to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. I pray that Elliot has a successful surgery and a quick recovery as well as peace of mind for you and your beautiful girls. I love the pictures you took and you are so blessed to have such a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a long time reader and finally caught up on your blog. My prayers are with you and your family through this stressful time. The photos are lovely, and I wish for all the best for you and your beautiful family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying for you and Elliott and your family, Melissa. What beautiful photos - they made me smile today (that last shot, especially)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pictures! I claim healing for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pictures, and especially that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think of your family often, what you must be going through. And I have two mommy friends who each have a child with serious illness (cancer). I think of them a lot, too, and try to be thankful every day. Give me a shout out if you need any guest blog posts from me during this time. Hugs from Jason--he's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry about your husband illness. I am praying for you all when you come to mind. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent. You are such an inspiration to me. I love this photo and the one of their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful photos, Melissa! I was just catching up on some of your posts and learned about Elliott's diagnosis. I'll be praying for Elliott, you, and your whole family. Wishing you many blessings for a successful surgery and quick recovery for Elliott. Sending lots of love and hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete