Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cultural Exchange...Ireland!!!!!!!!!!

The girls and I studied Ireland during March as a part of our cultural exchange. We received 2 fantastic packages from Ireland, and then Ida and Isabel sent us a 3rd package after they read about Elliott's brain tumor! The girls and I were thrilled with everything. They sent several posters that we hung on the sliding door of our organization system.
We received several postcards and pamplets.
A recipe, stickers, and another postcard
Play money
Stamps (what a great idea to send used stamps!)
pamplets
Christmas ornaments, hot chocolate stirrers, crayons
They also sent a flute which was a favorite with the girls along with cookies and other treats. THank you SO much to Ida and Isabel for all 3 wonderful packages! The package they sent after Elliott's brain tumor diagnosis was especially wonderful as it included a guardian angel and a book to help the children process the idea of having a parent who has to have surgery. We didn't have as much time to spend studying Ireland as I would have liked, so we'll continue studying Ireland (and we'll add in Scotland) through April and maybe May. Oh, I almost forgot...they sent 3 cds that we LOVE...music and stories. They also sent a book of Irish stories for children that we have read several times. I love the way that we are all learning about different people, cultures, and countries through our cultural exchange!

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea to do a cultural exchange! How did you think of that and where did you find someone to do it with? Did you send that family stuff from you? (Sorry for all the questions; I just love the idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briana- Here's a link to more info about the cultural exchange...I'll be organizing another one within the next few months. http://chasingcheerios.blogspot.com/search/label/cultural%20activities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I would love to participate in the next cultural exchange because I'm a Kindargarden teacher ando would like to gave my children the chance to know the world! And also thanks for alll your great ideas!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I would love to participate in the next cultural exchange because I'm a Kindargarden teacher ando would like to gave my children the chance to know the world! And also thanks for alll your great ideas!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would also love to participate in the exchange please consider us. We live in the US but I was born and raised in Mexico so I could represent either of the countries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anastasia@healthymamainfo.comApril 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM

    This is so amazing!!! I'm sure my son will love it. I have a lot of friends abroad, hope they would like to participate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to do something like this for my kids this summer. I would love to participate in the next exchange! littlebeemama@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Melissa, estuve siguiendo el hilo sobre Elliot me alegra muchisimo, su recuperacion y que uds ya sigan su vidas plenamente.
    Como anteriormente te lo pedi, me consideres en el proximo intercambio, desde Peru un abrazo inmenso.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to do this! I especially loved seeing this Ireland package because it was the most wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let me know when this starts!

    ReplyDelete