Chasing Cheerios

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pattern Blocks on Contact Paper

E(2) and I had fun making designs with pattern blocks on contact paper about a month ago.  I saw this idea somewhere, but I have no idea where (to be honest, the entire month of March is like a blur to me, and the only reason I remembered this activity at all is because I came across the pictures in my dropshots account!)



We taped a piece of contact paper (sticky side out) to the glass door and got to work.  We had fun making boats and starts, and E made a "snowman."  I made the design in the center, and E said "that looks just like a mandala!"  Love my girl!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I've seen pattern blocks attached to magnets too. A great way to play!
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Are those foam pattern blocks? Ooh did you do a Mandala activity with her too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I originally saw the idea on mamasmiles.com

    http://mamasmiles.com/sensory-wall-mosaic-art/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa - I've never used contact paper. Is it sticky on both sides? How do the foam blocks remain stuck like that?

    ReplyDelete