Chasing Cheerios

Monday, May 28, 2012

Polishing Silver





E(2) spent a long time (maybe 15 to 20 minutes) polishing a silver cup when we were at O's school for her last day.  She loved every minute of it!  Since O(5) also loves the polishing works, I'm planning to have several of this type of activity set up in our new school room.

To polish the silver cup, E(2) dipped a q-tip in toothpaste and rubbed the toothpaste all over the cup.  She then wiped it all off with a small washcloth.  Fun and simple!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I love to see children so absorbed in their work! Thanks for the cute picture. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post,Im introducing montessori to my just 2 year old, and she is a very active girl and alert and really likes the activities. But Sometimes she gets easily frustrated.

    How do you manage tantrums?
    I love for her to go to a montessori class but I can just see her, running around picking and throwing the other kids stuff (she is a bit rowdy)
    What to do?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post!
    I do some montessori activities with my just 2 year old
    I like for her to assist eventually some classes on a formal setting.
    but she is very active and she will be running around taking kids things and throwing them around.
    How do you deal with tantrums and frustrations?
    When I say no in different ways, she just gets defiant.

    ReplyDelete