1) I cut a pattern from newspaper. The pattern is 18.5 inches long and 11 inches wide. It has a curve on one end. I pinned the pattern to a folded piece of fabric and cut around the pattern.
2)Use this pattern to cut 2 pieces of fabric. They will end up being 37 inches long with a curve at each end.
3) Pin the pieces together right side to right side and sew around the edges leaving a small opening for turning at one end.
4) Turn the sling right side out and iron it well.
5) Top stitch all around the edges (you will sew your hole closed at this point). I'm still not very good at top stitching, so Guh-guh took over at this point :)
6) Fold one end up to the other end approximately 1/2 inch down from top as shown in the picture. Stitch across the curve to connect the pieces together. Be sure to back-stitch well at both ends.
7) Fold the bottom piece over the piece you just stitched. There will be some fullness that you will need to work in - to produce a rounded end. Be sure to back-stitch on both ends.
8) You're done! Give the sling to a sweet child and enjoy :)
O loves this sling since it's blue :)
Just in case you noticed...yes, she is wearing Halloween pajamas even though it is January, and she's trying out my Annie headband from 1985. My mom saved everything!