It's time! I've been telling everyone for more than 6 months that the next cultural exchange would start around February, but we got derailed by Elliott's brain tumor. So, now it's time!!! Here's how it will go...
I will group people into groups of 4. Each person (family) will send out 3 packages and will receive 3 packages to their group members from around the world.
Each package should include the following:
- a letter from a child describing his/her life in his/her country...favorite foods, sports, activities, religious activities, daily schedule, school, vacations...anything that you or your child think would be interesting to a child in another country.
- Pics of your child in his home, etc. You don't have to send close-up face pics if you are not comfortable doing so.
- Postcards, stamps, coins,
- craft, coloring sheets, small toys or games, small books
- cds of your child's favorite music or books on cd (we received several of these and LOVE them)
- recipes, pics of food specific to your region
- anything else that you think would be fun for a child to receive
PLEASE do not sign up if you do not intend to send any packages!!!! In the last exchange we sent 19 packages (WAY too many and it was very overwhelming), and only received 15. We want everyone to receive the same number that they send, especially since the groups are smaller this time.
If you would like to participate please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your name and address and your child's name and age.
I'm hoping to organize the groups as I receive the emails rather than waiting to get all of the names and arranging the groups. I think (hope) it will be more manageable this way. Please make sure to email me at the cultural exchange address and not my typical email address. Please ask questions in the comments section, but send your information via email only!
to see our posts about our cultural exchange packages and cultural activities.
Edit to add: 45 minutes in and we have LOTS of Americans and only 1 international participant! International readers we NEED you!!!! PLEASE sign up for the exchange. It's fun! I promise!!!